Call for Film Entries – 11th Beijing Queer Film Festival
Founded 17 years ago, the Beijing Queer Film Festival (aka Love Queer Cinema Week) is one of the only grassroots film festivals in China focusing on independent queer film screenings and cultural exchange activities. We aim to expand public discussions on sexuality/gender identity/gender expression, we aim to give a platform to sexual and other minorities in China and the World, and we celebrate diversity. Under a difficult domestic social and political environment, we remain alive year after year thanks to the help, solidarity and support from many civil society groups and individuals.
In the Fall of 2018, the 11th edition of the Beijing Queer Film Festival will take place. We are calling for submissions of all sorts of queer films from filmmakers around the world – this year, we are especially looking for queer films from African filmmakers/queer films dealing with queer issues on the African continent & among African communities.
- All queer themed films are allowed, all genres and lengths are accepted, including documentaries, features, shorts, animations, experimental films, etc.
- All films have to be produced after January 1, 2017
- Only films that haven’t been screened at the Beijing Queer Film Festival will be selected
In our selection of foreign-language films, we will give preference to:
- French-language queer films
- Queer films made by African filmmakers
- Queer films situated on the African continent/among African communities
All submissions should include:
- Filled-out entry form of 10th Beijing Queer Film Festival Entry Form
- High-quality film poster, director headshot, 3 film stills
- Online secure screener link/password (preferred)
If you don’t have an online screener, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange for submission with a DVD copy via post mail.
Please send your submission, including entry form and all film materials, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Chinese-language films, the submission deadline is August 15, 2018
For foreign-language films, the submission deadline is August 1, 2018
We will update you on our selection by September 2018